Inauguration of drinking water supply project in Nepal, built with Indian cooperation
• The drinking water supply project built under the Indian grant-in-aid was inaugurated in Nepal.
• According to the Indian Embassy in Nepal, it is one of the 75 projects that are being inaugurated in Nepal in 2022 as part of the “Amrit Mahotsav of India @ 75 Freedom”, which marks 75 years of India’s independence. Celebrates.
• The drinking water supply project in Nepal has been constructed at a cost of Nr. 42.39 million under India-Nepal Development Cooperation with financial assistance from the Government of India.
• This is an important project for Khumjung and Kunde villages, Solukhumbu to serve clean and safe water to about 600 households and schools, government offices and tourists in the region.
Second part of budget session starts from today
• The second part of the budget session of Parliament resumed on March 14, 2022. Both the Houses of the Indian Parliament returned to their normal sittings in view of the decline in COVID cases.
• On the first day of the second part of the budget session, Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu urged the members to maintain the positive spirit of the first part of the budget session in this part as well.
• He also highlighted that the first half of the budget session saw no forced adjournments and the productivity of the Upper House was more than 100%.
• The Chairman of Rajya Sabha also talked about the inadequate attendance of members in the meetings of the Parliamentary Standing Committee.
Longest Length of Flexible Pavement Road Construction in 100 Hours Awarded to PNC Infratech Limited
• India Book of Rewards awarded certificates for setting the record for highest quantity of bituminous mix laid for road tightening in 100 hours.
• Union Minister Nitin Gadkari informed through Twitter that PNC Infratech Limited has been awarded the award for manufacturing the longest lasting flexible pavement in 100 hours.
• He further informed that PNC Infratech Limited had achieved incredible feat in construction of 8-lane fully controlled expressway.
N Chandrasekaran appointed as the chairman of Air India
• Chairman of Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran has been officially appointed as the Chairman of Air India. The appointment of Chandrasekaran was approved in the board meeting of Air India.
• The appointment of N Chandrasekaran by former Turkish Airlines chairman Ilkar IC comes after the Tata group rejected an offer by the Tata group to take over as the chief executive officer and managing director of Air India.
• The Tata Group will also soon announce the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer for Air India.
• The Tata Group, a salt-to-software conglomerate, on October 8, 2021, signed a Rs. 18,000 crore for this.
Civil Aviation Minister flagged off daily flight between Indore-Gondia-Hyderabad route
• Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia virtually flagged off daily flight between Indore-Gondia-Hyderabad route under Regional Connectivity Scheme- UDAN.
• Speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister said that the UDAN scheme is fulfilling PM Modi’s dream of providing air service to the common man.
• Under UDAN, 405 routes have already been made operational. The new Indore-Gondia-Hyderabad route will connect Indore with two states – Telangana and Maharashtra.
• He also said that in the last one year, flight operations from Indore have doubled, while in Bhopal it has increased by 40 percent.