Find here Current Affairs Today‘s headlines for March 8, 2022 by Miliposts.
- International Women’s Day is being observed across the world today to celebrate women and raise awareness to create an inclusive and gender-neutral world.
- Assam has approved the replacement of ballot papers with EVMs in the Guwahati local body elections.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will present the state budget today.
- Microsoft opens fourth data center in India
- Putin told PM Narendra Modi, Russian soldiers are doing everything possible to evacuate Indian citizens from Sumi.
- Russia announced a ceasefire to begin a “humanitarian operation” from 12:30 pm India time, amid concerns about evacuating Indian students still stranded.
- PM Modi tries to ‘mediate’ over phone between Putin and Zelensky, urges ‘direct talks’ to end the war.
- IBM has closed all its business in Russia.
- Russia-Ukraine third round of talks ended without any significant result.Hungary offers foreign students affected by Russian military operations to continue their studies in Hungary.
Russia approves list of ‘unfriendly’ countries and territories, list includes US, UK.
Ukraine demanded the immediate suspension of Russian military operations at the ICJ.
The Kyiv Independent, quoting regional governor Vitaly Kim, reported that Ukrainian forces had recaptured Mykolaiv airport.
The International Court of Justice conducts public hearings in the case relating to “accusations of genocide under the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Ukraine v Russia)”.
Russia supports IAEA chief Rafael Grossi’s idea of a tripartite meeting with Ukraine on ensuring the security of nuclear facilities, but not in Chernobyl.