- MILAN-2022 maritime exercise will be held in Visakhapatnam for the first time, navies of 45 countries have been invited.
- The Supreme Court-appointed committee of experts submits an interim report on Pegasus’ row, which is due for hearing on February 23.
- CEPA Agreement between India and UAE to provide 1 million employment opportunities; Piyush Goyal says to increase bilateral trade by USD 100 billion.
- Northern Army Commander visited Galwan Valley in Eastern Ladakh to review the security situation.
- The Central Medicines Standard Control Organization grants emergency use authorization to Biologics E’s COVID-19 vaccine, CORBEVAX, for ages 12 to 18.
- The Supreme Court will hear on March 9 the petition filed for review against the impeachment of Cyrus Mistry.
- The fourth phase of Uttar Pradesh assembly elections will be held on February 23.
- Maharashtra Tourism Minister Aaditya Thackeray has launched a new armored dive ship at Tarkarli MTDC in Sindhudurg, making it the first dive ship in the state.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the recognition of two separate republics in eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Lugansk, as independent.
- UN Security Council emergency meeting on Ukraine crisis
- US President Joe Biden signed an executive order banning new investment, trade and financing by Americans in separate regions of Ukraine.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian armed forces to move into the broken up areas of Ukraine.
The Colombian Constitutional Court has criminalized abortion up to 24 weeks of pregnancy.
- 16-year-old Indian Grandmaster Pragyanand stunned Magnus Carlsen with a “historic” victory in the AirThings Masters tournament of the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour.
- Cricket Australia granted NOC to Australians including David Warner and Pat Cummins to participate in IPL 2022.