State Level Police Recruitment Board, Assam
The application process is open to eligible applicants to fill vacancies of 320 with the sub inspector rank in the Department of Police (AB) in the newly established Assam Commando Battalions on a Pay Scale of Rs. 14000 – 60500 (Pay Band No. 2) plus Rs. 8700+ Grade pay and other allowances allowed under the rules. Applications should be made online via the SLPRB website (www.slprbassam.in). Online applications will be processed beginning on the 22nd of December, 2021. the deadline for receiving applications will be 21-01-2022.
Name of the Post: Sub Inspector
- No. of Posts Number of Posts: 320
- Age: Candidates must not be older than 24 years old and not older than 20 years on 01-01-2021. (Candidate must be born before or on 01-01-2001, and on or after 01-01-1997).
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have a degree in the fields of Science, Arts Commerce, or another equivalent track from an accredited college or institution affiliated with an established University.
Height(Minimum) of males and Transgender
- (a) General: 167 cm
- (b) OBC/MOBC/SC 162 cm
- (c) ST(H)/ST(P)/Gorkha: 160.02cm
Height(Minimum) for Female
- (a) General 162 cm
- (b) OBC/MOBC/SC 157 cm
- (c) ST(H)/ST(P)/Gorkha: 152.40cm
Chest(Only for Transgender and males)
- a) Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P)etc. 85cm-90cm
- b) ST(H) 80-85 cm
- Application begins on 22nd December 2021.
- The last day to apply online 21-10-2021
- Based on the overall results of candidates in the written test, Physical Test, as well as the Psychometric Test, The selection process will be made according to the category to fill Sub-Inspector (AB) post as Sub-Inspector (AB) dependent on the satisfying their background and character verification as well as satisfactory medical reports from the authorities in charge. The number of selected applicants will be the same as the number of open positions advertised.
- Candidates who are employed by Govt. or PSUs or Autonomous institutions must seek permission by writing to the Competent Authority / Employer, and an official copy is required during the scrutiny of documents prior to the date of PST or PET.
- If selected, applicants will be put through a specified program of instruction for one (one) year that includes regular physical and group room sessions. During the time of training, they will be classified as a probationary SI (AB)of Police and will be entitled to regular salary and other allowances. Anyone who fails the final test after having completed their training or is guilty of serious misconduct or indiscipline could be dismissed without giving any reason.
- Candidates who are selected to be considered for Sub-Inspectors (AB) post-sub-inspectors (AB) can be employed in any of the branches or divisions of Assam Police.
- Canvassing will render candidates ineligible to be considered for the post, whether directly or indirectly.
- No TA or DA is allowed to applicants for the duration of their journey and at any point of the selection process.