Today’s Current Affairs News Headline– Miliposts for 23 April 2022
- Joint security review meeting held to monitor preparations for Amarnath Yatra
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will visit Bihar today to attend a program organized in the memory of Babu Veer Kunwar Singh. He was one of the heroes of the Revolt of 1857.
- Security was beefed up ahead of Prime Minister Modi’s visit to Jammu and Kashmir. He will visit the Union Territory on April 24.
- Supreme Court initiates Suo Moto case to frame guidelines on capital punishment.
- India, UK call on Taliban to allow girls back to secondary school.
- Dr. Suman K. Berry has been appointed as the Deputy Chairman of NITI Aayog after Dr. Rajiv Kumar stepped down from his post.
- Mafuza Khatoon, a member of the BJP National Executive Committee, has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the Haj Committee of India.
- Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra urged NRIs to register as overseas voters.
- Civil Aviation Ministry to organize Yoga Prabha on April 25
- India Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Conference 2022 to be held on 25th April
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres will visit Ukraine on April 28, meeting with the President and Foreign Minister of Ukraine.
- The UN chief will travel to Moscow on April 26 to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
- An explosion occurred at the Imam Sahib District Mosque in Kunduz, Afghanistan, killing at least 33 people, including children.
- UN Security Council issues press releases on Afghanistan and strongly condemns terrorist attacks; These follow other recent attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure, including religious minority communities.
- Russia wants to annex southern Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s President Zelensky wins the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award for Defending Democracy.
- According to the World Bank, the conflict has caused $60 billion in physical damage to Ukraine’s buildings and infrastructure.
- The South and North Korea leaders exchanged letters expressing hope for better bilateral relations.
See also Miss World 2021 Winner: Karolina Bielawaska from Poland wins Miss World 2021; Full List of Top 6 contestants