Weekly Top 10 Current Affairs: 25 January to 30 January 2021
Government Launches Ayushman Bharat Health Scheme for CAPF
- Union Home Affairs Minister Amit Shah launched the Ayushman Bharat Swasthya Yojana for the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) on 23 January 2021 on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. The scheme will benefit about 10 lakh CAPF personnel and their families.
ECI launches e-EPIC programmer; Know what is electronic electoral photo identity card
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched an electronic-electoral photo identity card (e-EPIC), a digital version of the voter ID card. This non-editable e-EPIC card is available in PDF download format and can be saved in features like DigiLocker.
Padma awards 2021 awarded: complete list of awardees
- On 25 January 2021, the Union Home Ministry announced the winners of the Padma Awards 2021, including Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Padma Shri. This year a total of 119 Padma Awards have been conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind, including 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri.
ICC Launches ICC Player of the Month Awards
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced the ‘ICC Player of the Month’ awards on 27 January 2021 in recognition of the best performances by male and female cricketers. The award will be conferred by the ICC from January 2021.
China becomes FDI destination globally in 2020
- China surpassed the United States in 2020 to become the leading foreign direct investment (FDI) globally. The country achieved this feat in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and demonstrated its abilities to quickly stop the spread of the novel coronavirus.
WEF Davos Dialogues; PM Modi addressed virtually from the stage; Spoken on the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- PM Narendra Modi virtually addressed the Davos Dialogue of the World Economic Forum on 28 January 2021. About 400 industry leaders from around the world participated in the WEF Davos Forum. Addressing the forum, PM Modi highlighted the progress made by India in the production of COVID-19 vaccines.
The Beating Retreat 2021 ceremony marked 50 years of India’s 1971 victory over Pakistan.
- The Beating Retreat 2021 ceremony was held on 29 January 2021, marking 50 years since India’s 1971 victory over Pakistan. At the ceremony this year, a new composition ‘Swarnim Vijay’ was played to mark the victory of India. The ceremony is held every year to end the celebration of Republic Day.
Airtel becomes India’s first operator to run 5G network
- Bharti Airtel became the first telecom operator in India to successfully run 5G service on a commercial network in Hyderabad city. Airtel showcased the fifth generation network in the 1,800 MHz band on its existing spectrum.
Budget session begins 2021; Budget 2021-22 will be presented on 1 February
- The budget session of the Parliament of India began on January 29, 2019, amidst tight restrictions on the novel Coronavirus. The session was addressed by President Ram Nath Kovind and noted the importance of the session as the year 2021 would mark the 75th year of India’s independence. The Union Budget 2021 will be presented on 1 February 2021.
Economic Survey 2020-21 submitted by Ministry of Finance
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Economic Survey 2020-2021 in Parliament on 29 January 2021. Subsequently, the Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) addressed the press conference to present this annual survey document.
Post of English Language Instructor | IIT Delhi
Read more: https://www.miliposts.in/wp-admin/post-new.php#ixzz6m4MNEOrv